List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] CR: /etc/init.d/autoyast script that allows
From:       Bernd Nies <listuser () adnovum ! ch>
Date:       2008-10-29 13:39:17

Uwe Gansert wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 29 Oktober 2008 08:57:23 schrieb Bernd Nies:
>
>> * Allows an init script to reboot the system (e.g. after an update)
>
> you can trigger a reboot in the <general> section since 11.0 already

I've seen that but it doesn't help in our setup. We use the init scripts
basically to

- configure network interface based upon hostip= parameter
- change system UIDs/GIDs that conflict with LDAP users
- reboot
- do online update
- reboot
- compile nvidia and vmware kernel modules with new kernel

>> * Runs before display manager is started so that output is visible and
>>    no user logs in while the system is being installed.
>
> thanx. I might add that to 11.1/SLES11

Thanks!

Bye,
Bernd