List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    RE: [opensuse-autoinstall] AutoYaST auto-installation in a VMware guest machine
From:       "THORNTON Simon" <Simon.THORNTON () swift ! com>
Date:       2007-10-12 8:04:28

Hi John,

On the systems I have there is a symlink vmlinuz -> latest_kernel, the
default grub entry reads:

root (hd0,0)
kernel vmlinuz root=/dev/sda2 vga=0x31a resume=/dev/sda1 splash=silent

This way regardless of the actual kernel the grub entry is always
correct.

Similar symlinks are present for initrd and System.map.

Rgds,

Simon