List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    [opensuse-autoinstall] Adding checksums to an autoyast repository
From:       Ian Grant <Ian.Grant () cl ! cam ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2007-01-31 12:04:37

This is a bit OT, apologies in advance.

This message is about two things. One is a question about adding
checksums for certain files which checksums rug/zypper complains are
missing and the other is that the instructions for create_update_source
may need updating.

The following is what zypper sa complains about:

$ sudo zypper sa \
>         nfs://svr.cl.cam.ac.uk/vol/vol3/sys-li9/suse-10.2/updates
>         \
>         SUSE-10.2-CL-updates

root's password:
6733 zmd
ZENworks Management Daemon is running.
WARNING: this command will not synchronize changes.
Use rug or yast2 for that.
Determining
nfs://svr.cl.cam.ac.uk/vol/vol3/sys-li9/suse-10.2/updates source
type...
.. not YUM
nfs://svr.cl.cam.ac.uk/vol/vol3/sys-li9/suse-10.2/updates is type
YaST
No digest for ./suse/setup/descr/EXTRA_PROV, continue [y/n]y
No digest for ./suse/setup/descr/packages, continue [y/n]y
No digest for ./suse/setup/descr/packages.DU, continue [y/n]y
No digest for ./suse/setup/descr/packages.en, continue [y/n]y
Added Installation Sources:
[x]* SUSE-10.2-CL-updates

To set this update source up I am using the script create_update_source
in the inst-source-utils RPM and a version of the instructions provided
here:

   http://www.suse.com/~ug/

and here:

    http://en.opensuse.org/Inst-source-utils

These instructions may need updating because I had problems specifying a
name for the update source directory. In the crib below, BASE is set to
the top-level of my network installation source. The difference between
this and the instructions on the web page above is that I no longer can
choose the sub-directory name to be e.g. myInstallSource as they
suggest, rather create_update_source always creates $TARGET/updates
where $TARGET is whatever directory name is the parameter.

VERSION=10.2
BASE=/usr/groups/suse-$VERSION
KEYID=rpm-packager
RPMS=/global/src/RPMS/

# Build the repository
cd $BASE
create_update_source.sh ./
for arch in i386 i586 i686 x86_64 ; do
   mkdir -p updates/suse/$arch
   cp $RPMS/*.$arch.rpm updates/suse/$arch/
done
cd updates/suse/
create_package_descr -x setup/descr/EXTRA_PROV
cd setup/descr/
ls > directory.yast

# Sign it
cd $BASE/updates
gpg --export --armor $KEYID > content.key
gpg -b --sign --armor -u $KEYID content
ls > directory.yast