List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    [opensuse-autoinstall] WiFi Setup problems
From:       Alec Ross <alec () arlross ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2007-01-12 9:53:12

Hi,

I'm looking for advice with setup of WiFi on 10.2.

I've tried on 10.0, an upgrade to 10.2, and a fresh install of 10.2 -
all without success.

I'm using a a Belkin wireless G, version 3000uk card.  Apparently _this
version works w/ SuSE 10.0, and OTB w/ 10.2.  (But though this is
detected, it has not worked for me. :( )

The gateway is set up to do NAT, and will support multiple concurrent
wireless clients.  (And I have this working with MS Win.)

 From the 'net I can find various indirect approaches (ndis wrapper ...);
but I suspect that the problem may be due to inappropriate settings that
I've entered.  Can anyone help?  I'd be happy to post relevant extracts
of the system log if this would be useful.

TIA

Alec
--
Alec Ross