List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: SPAM: Re: [suse-autoinstall] can not find installation source
From:       Hartmut Gottwald <hg () gottwald-home ! de>
Date:       2006-10-13 20:00:19

Lisa Dong wrote:
> we know it's switch problem, is anybody know how to configure switch
> to let autoinstall get through?

Lisa,

I had similar problem. I took a couple of days to fix it.
Cause was the Cisco 2960 switch and spanning tree protocol.
After switching off STP on that port all went well...
However, when switching STP off on such ports one should *never* connect
switches or hubs to that port!!!
On Cisco one can use the web interface -> "smartport" and set the port
to type desktop.

Hartmut