List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    [suse-autoinstall] Online Update not functioning after autoinstall
From:       "Marlier, Ian" <ian.marlier () studentuniverse ! com>
Date:       2006-09-27 14:43:01

Hey, all --

Working on autobuilding with SUSE 10.1.  I've got a local install
source, rsynced from mirrors.kernel.org (I think it was).

The installation works fine, but after install, Online Updates doesn't
function.

The error that I get when trying to configure Online Update is "No
products to register".  It looks like that error is thrown when the
products returned by `/usr/lib64/zmd/query-pool products` don't
intersect with Novell's list of supported SUSE products.  And yet...
[root@(fts0/dbopteron5):~]# /usr/lib64/zmd/query-pool products
 |product|SUSE-Linux-10.1-FTP|10.1-0|x86_64
[root@(fts0/dbopteron5):~]#

and SUSE-Linux-10.1-FTP is one of the products returned by novell's
registration server...

This does NOT happen if I install manually, using the same local source
(that's why I'm sending this here...)

Has anyone:
- Seen this?
- Fixed this?

If not, is it a bug with autoyast, or a bug more generally with zmd?