List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [suse-autoinstall] autoinstall fails with 10.1 works with earlier versions
From:       "Lonni J Friedman" <netllama () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-26 21:24:14

On 6/23/06, Uwe Gansert <ug@suse.de> wrote:
> On Thursday 22 June 2006 00:00, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
>
> > Here's what the relevant portion of my autoyast.xml looks like:
> >
> >     <software>
> >       <addons config:type="list">
> >         <addon>Basis-Devel</addon>
> >         <addon>Gnome</addon>
> >         <addon>Network</addon>
> >         <addon>Kde</addon>
> >         <addon>Kde-Desktop</addon>
> >         <addon>Kernel-Devel</addon>
> >         <addon>X11</addon>
> >       </addons>
> >     </software>
>
> that works fine here and I don't see that error message. Are you sure your
> installation source is okay?
> Maybe you should try to add
> <base>default</base>
> or any other base selection but actually your <software> section is working
> here.

I just tried this again, using this site instead in the info file:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source/

and i'm still getting the same error.  I looked at the Y2log, and I'm seeing:
Bad media attach point:
http://204.152.191.7/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source/

At this point, it looks like i just don't have a valid installation
source, although it boggles my mind how that is possible.   The DVD
ISO image doesn't work, and neither does this public mirror.  So what
I really need to know is where is a valid installation source for
10.1?

It would also be swell if the installer actually provided useful error
messages, but i guess that's a complaint for a different mailing list.