List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    RE: [suse-autoinstall] SLES10 RC2 network install - No catalog
From:       "Kevin Lyons" <klyons () novell ! com>
Date:       2006-05-30 21:21:06

>I have been doing network installation of SUSE 9.3/10.0 and SLES 9
>(pxe/tftp/http) for some time, and am now having a problem with SLES 10
RC2.
>I have downloaded the CD ISO's, installed them using the YaST
installation
>server module as I did with my other SUSE sources.  The installation
(not
>automated, just pointing to the installation tree via http) starts fine
but
>once it gets to "Installation Settings" the Software section reports
"No
>catalog found at http://x.x.x.x/autoyast/sles10-rc2/" and "ERROR: No
>proposal".
>
>Beta 8 worked fine but I ran into the same problem with RC1, hoping it
was
>just an issue with that release.  However, now I am not sure what is
going
>on.  I have tried two different installation servers, my main one
running
>SUSE 10.0 and a temporary server to try and figure out this problem
running
>SLES10 Beta 8.

This is a bug that has supposedly been fixed in the installation server
module of SLES10 RC2.  I do not know if there is a plan to release a fix
to the yast2-instserver module for SLES9/SL9.3/SL10.0/SL10.1.  When the
post-Beta8-pre-RC2 module copied the files from the CD isos to the
directory the directory.yast file gets repeated overwritten so that it
ends up with the directory.yast file from CD4.  The directory.yast file
lists the contents of the root directory of the install source, which
YaST then uses during the installation to find stuff.  The
directory.yast file from CD4 does not list all of the files, so YaST
cannot find things and you get the error that you have seen.

You can do one of the following:

1.  Manually recreate the directory.yast file so that it lists the
contents of the root directory of the install source with directories
ending with a '/'.
2.  Download the SLES10 DVD, copy all of it's contents to a directory
and use that as the install source instead of what the installation
server module created for you.
3.  Upgrade the SLES10 Beta8 system to RC2 (or just the yast2-instserver
module) and recreate the installation source.

If your intent is to deploy from the SL10.0 box, #2 would probably be
the easiest route.

Thanks,
Kevin