List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [suse-autoinstall] SLES 9 SP3 Network Install Issue
From:       Uwe Gansert <ug () suse ! de>
Date:       2006-05-23 16:04:55

On Tuesday 23 May 2006 17:52, warren@leetnet.com wrote:

> > try to add <partition_type>primary</partition_type> to all partitions
> > in the profile then.
>
> If I do this, I lose my ability to use the max size for / partition
> because of the autoyast bug as discussed earlier.

if you add <partition_type>primary</partition_type> to all(!) partitions in
your profile, it should work. The root partition has to be the third in the
profile (hda3). If you want it to be hda1, I don't know a solution (you can
try to put it as third partition in the profile with partition_nr=1 but I
don't know if that helps. I did not look deep enough into the bug).

> I haven't tested partition_nr yet with size max, would this
> work or would that hit the bug as well?

I don't think so but you can try the hint above (third position in profile
with partition_nr=1).

> > After the installation, you can find a log about the scripts run
> > in /var/adm/autoinstall/logs (I should add the to the documentation).
>
> Thanks for the great piece of info.  I'm now able to find out where my
> script bails.  It's during the make depend step of compiling ProFTPD 1.3,
> in which I get an error 127.  If I don't run the postinstall script from
> autoyast, I can successfully run it once installation is complete with no
> problems.  Any suggestions here?

I have to admit, I never tried to compile software in a post-script.
Have you tried to use an autoyast init-script instead of a post-script? That
runs a lot later then the post-script (actually even later than the proftpd
would start, that might be a problem in you case).

--
ciao, Uwe Gansert

Uwe Gansert, Server Technologies Team
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
e-mail: uwe.gansert@suse.de, Tel: +49-(0)911-74053-0,
Fax: +49-(0)911-74053-476, Web: http://www.suse.de