List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [suse-autoinstall] SLES9 autoinstall error
From:       Uwe Gansert <ug () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-06-21 7:39:16

On Monday 20 June 2005 21:54, Mike Marion wrote:

> > just a guess. Can it be that your linuxrc command line has more than 255
> > characters? Then the last characters would be cut off. Maybe that's it?
>
> that was going to be my guess.. we ran into this ages ago.  I had to move a
> few of the options (like the install= option) to the info file in the
> initrd to save space.

I'm aware of that problem and I hope to find a solution.

> I really with autoyast was smart enough to do
> something like step through the path the autoyast= path has and see if the
> install tree is there

the component that uses the install=.... parameter is a complete other one
than autoyast. autoyast itself does not care about the install=.... parameter
and can't be enhanced the way you suggested (just have in mind, autoyast
itself is getting loaded from the install=... source).
But anyway, even if that would work, it would also just be a workaround for
the actual problem.

We will see. I hope we can fix that problem in the future somehow.

--
ciao, Uwe Gansert

Uwe Gansert, Server Technologies Team
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nürnberg, Germany
e-mail: uwe.gansert@suse.de, Tel: +49-(0)911-74053-0,
Fax: +49-(0)911-74053-476, Web: http://www.suse.de