List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    [suse-autoinstall] autoinst.xml placed on USB-Memorystick or USB-Floppy
From:       "Link, Johannes" <johannes.link () siemens ! com>
Date:       2005-06-13 8:03:40

Hi,

we used to place our autoinst.xml files on floppy disks to autoinstall our servers. \
Our installation media is a customized SLES8/SLES9 CD-set. But since newer hardware \
(like FSC Primergy TX600S2) does not ship with an integrated floppy drive anymore, we \
have a little problem. Is it possible to put the autoinst.xml file on a \
USB-Memorystick or a USB-Floppy? How does YaST deal with integrated SCSI devices? I \
guess we'll get a problem when we use a commandline option like \
"autoyast=device://sdb/autoinst.xml" since we usually don't know how many SCSI drives \
are already installed.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Mit freundlichem Gruß / kind regards
Johannes Link