List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [suse-autoinstall] SLES8 vs. UL1
From:       Martin Vidner <mvidner () suse ! cz>
Date:       2005-06-09 9:22:47

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 11:13:37AM +0200, FITZ MAILING wrote:
> I am little bit confused about the differences between
> SLES8 and UL1.

SLES8 is built upon UL1. It has additional packages.

> I created a http-repository with both UL1 CD1-CD3 and
> SLES 8 CD1-3 and SP3/SP4. (All files in one repository
> with script create_package_descr)
>
> If I boot with SLES8 CD1 or with SP4 CD everytime I
> will get a installed system with welcome screen
> "UnitedLinux1.0....". What I have to do, if I want to
> install SLES8  and not United Linux 1? Or is it only
> the banner that I have to change
> (/var/adm/YaST/ProdDB)?

The banner may be a bug in a theming package. What really matters
are the packages. Consult the SLES8 CDs and check whether the rpms
that you want from SLES got installed.

--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.					e-mail: mvidner@suse.cz