List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    [suse-autoinstall] Grub and packages on autoinstalls
From:       suse_list () infineon ! net
Date:       2005-04-26 19:55:23

Hi,

We seem to be experiencing some really strange things with SuSE 9.3 used
in a build server. We purchased the SuSE 9.3 Proffessional (on box it says
update edition).

The problems we are experiencing is first, that when a system is installed
and booted the first time we get a "Grub Harddisk Error", and system won't
load. The only way to load is to go through booting failsafe and then
telling it to boot the system. Having searched on google it seems to do
something be grub getting confused with the disk. Booting from harddisk
via PXE will fail also, as it can't find FS to boot from.
The machine is a IBM Intellistation M Pro, (2.2Ghz Xeon), with a 100GB
Western Digital IDE disk in it.

Anyone have any ideas ?

The other problem is that when we add customized packages and run the
createpkg_descr script on the directory it seems to find it ok, but when
we even add the package to the build profile, it doesn't seem to even
install the package, but unlike SuSE 9.2 it doesn't fail either (stating
it didn't find the package).

Anyone have any ideas here?

Please let us know
Thanks