List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [suse-autoinstall] Custom install source for yast in SLES9
From:       Michael Marion <mmarion () qualcomm ! com>
Date:       2005-04-15 19:50:53

On 15 Apr, Campbell, Fraser wrote:

> Can anyone point me to documentation on this?  Are there tools to help set
> this up?

Not sure on full docs, But I created a media.1 dir and a content file.

So I have:
SUSE-Updates/
   /updates/
       /i586/
       /noarch/
       /setup/
       /x86_64/
   /media1/
       /directory.yast
       /info.txt
       /media
       /products
   /content

Content is (Created by slightly modifying the one that came with sles9):

PRODUCT SUSE Updates
VERSION 9
DISTPRODUCT SUSE-Linux-SLES-x86-64
DISTVERSION 9-0
BASEPRODUCT SUSE CORE
BASEVERSION 9
YOUTYPE business
YOUPATH x86_64/update/SUSE-SLES/9
YOUURL http://www.suse.de/cgi-bin/suseservers.cgi
VENDOR SUSE LINUX AG
RELNOTESURL http://www.suse.com/relnotes/x86_64/SUSE-SLES/9/release-notes.rpm
ARCH.x86_64 x86_64 i686 i586 i486 i386 noarch
DEFAULTBASE x86_64
REQUIRES sles-release-9
LINGUAS de en
LABEL SUSE Updates
LABEL.de SUSE SLES in der Version 9
DESCRDIR updates/setup/descr
DATADIR updates
FLAGS update
LANGUAGE en_US
TIMEZONE America/Los_Angeles

======
In media.1..
directory.yast is:
info.txt
media
products

======
info.txt is just a direct copy from the sles9 media.1
======
media is:
SuSE Linux AG
20040702194312
1
======
Products is:
/ SUSE-Updates-x86-64 9

======

I don't know which are completely required, but I was just copying files from
sles9 and editing them as I saw fit.. and I'd keep trying to add the path as
an install source until it worked.  And it worked with the above.

--
Mike Marion-Unix SysAdmin/Staff Engineer-http://www.qualcomm.com
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.  That's from