List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [suse-autoinstall] Password not being set right
From:       Jesse Keating <jesse.k () pogolinux ! com>
Date:       2004-10-30 9:49:00

On Friday 29 October 2004 19:58, Anas Nashif wrote:
> Jesse, I am replying here, to close this issue on the list rather than
> on private email.
>
> It seems you start with a full control file with all the post
> configuration stuff like security and users and create a modified new
> version of the profile in the pre-script like I described earlier on
> this list. But it seems the new modified control only has minimal
> configuration (partitioning and software) and none of the initial data,
> so no wonder nothing is configured when the system reboots...
>
> The modified profile HAS to be a full profile, and not just a subset.
> Maybe I was not clear when I described how to do it. The way you thought
> it works is actually not a bad idea and will think about adding it
> someday, but for now, modified.xml has to be a full profile.

Ah, I see.  Thats not _too_ terrible a thing, now that I know thats how it
works I can hack around it.

One last thing that is bothering me, how can I ensure that a graphical
install env is used?  My system(s) support graphical install, however I
have yet to see graphical install with autoinstall work.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE
Pogo Linux -- Linux Systems Engineer