List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [suse-autoinstall] Creating a bootable CD with info file
From:       "J.L.Francois" <jfranc46 () ford ! com>
Date:       2004-10-27 20:23:09

fraser_bailey@agilent.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> does anyone know how to create a bootable CD which includes an info file? linuxrc \
> is supposed to look in the root directory of the initrd, but I can't figure out how \
> to get it into the initrd and then rebuild the CD.
> I've tried the instructions at
>
> http://www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk/~mr349/suse/boot.html
>
> after having modified the boot/loader/initrd file
> but I get an isolinux checksum error when I boot the CD.
>
> All I have to show is about 15 unusable CDs!
>
> any help would be appreciated

You want to do something similar to this:

###############################
cd boot/loader
zcat initrd > /tmp/INITRD
mkdir /mnt/loop
mount -o loop /tmp/INITRD /mnt/loop
cp info.file /mnt/loop
umount /mnt/loop
gzip -9c /tmp/INITRD > initrd

SAMPLE ISOLINUX.CFG Entry:

label useinfofile
   kernel linux
   append initrd=initrd acpi=oldboot ramdisk_size=65536 info=file:/info.file

HTH.HAND.
--
Jean L. Francois Sends...
- Linux Counter Registered User #8863 1994-12-13 06:39:24