List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    [suse-autoinstall] YaST hanging from Firebird 1.5.1 RPM
From:       "McKenna, Simon (RGH)" <Simon.McKenna () rgh ! sa ! gov ! au>
Date:       2004-10-21 3:35:23

Hi,

There seems to be a small issue with the install of Firebird
1.5.1 RPM using YaST. I have not seen this problem with any
other RPM's installed via YaST.  I tried posting to the
Firebird support group first but got no response.

From a clean SuSE 9.1 Pro distribution (latest updates), if
I install the FirebirdSS-1.5.1.4481-0.i686.rpm using YaST,
right at the end of the install YaST appears to hang, and
the only fix I've found is to kill the y2base process.

Note that the Firebird install is successful, I can see
the fbguard and fbserver processes, and can connect to the
example db, and everything comes up fine after a restart,
it's just YaST can't close itself after the install.

Is anyone able to confirm/deny this problem?  RPM is here:
http://tinyurl.com/4sp9g  (I tried both NPTL and non-NPTL)

Also, I'm shifting my development environment from Windows
to Linux, and am still very much feeling my way around,
so can anyone please tell me if I should be using the NPTL
version of Firebird with the SuSE 9.1 Pro distribution?
(I found documentation stating SuSE 9 Enterprise uses
NPTL, but not for 9.1 Pro)

Thanks for any help.

peace - si
sshnug.com