List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    [suse-autoinstall] manual upgrade.
From:       "Robin Hood" <RobinHood42 () clickta ! com>
Date:       2003-09-24 12:07:27

I am using SuSE 8.1
I have a small problem.... my modem doesn't work.
The specs for my modem are: USB v90 UM9800 U  (manufactured by Aztec 56K USB
modem)
I have been to the SuSE webpage and looked at the supported hardware
section.
It seems that this modem is supported under SuSE 8.2, but NOT under SuSE 8.1

Now, obviously, because my modem doesn't work I can't use any of this
automagic business to upgrade....
but.... I have a windows partition which is connected to the net.....
so.... if you would be so kind as to tell me which .rpm's I need to
download, that would be well, really useful.....

P.S. If you need to know any additional information: kernel versions, gcc
versions, binutility versions library versions etc... etc... etc...
I can find all of this out for you, but I don't have it handy right this
second because I have to log into windows to send this email....
(basically I'm running SuSE 8.1 straight out of the box)

P.P.S I would also be curious to know whether or not the support for this
modem is binary or source.

P.P.P.S If this is the wrong mailing list to be asking this question, could
you please tell me which mailing list would be more appropriate.