List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    [suse-autoinstall] SuSE 8.2 and NIC
From:       "Dennis Lyon" <cdlyon () wi ! rr ! com>
Date:       2003-09-22 14:42:25

I had SuSE8.0 installed and working fine. I then did a new install on
8.2 and it doesn't activate the eth0 while 8.0 did. The hardware is the
same and the eth0 works OK on other distros I have on the same machine.

The bootlog shows:

Setting up network interfaces
    lp0        done
    eth0        failed

I attempt to fix through YAST2 but it shows the network interface as if
it were OK, showing correct device and settings.

How can I diagnose and fix? Thanks

Dennis