List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    [suse-autoinstall] Bootloader fails to create initrd image
From:       "Sasi Lanka (wipro)" <sasi () fabric7 ! com>
Date:       2003-09-18 19:23:57

Hi,

Is it possible to tell autoyast not to create "initrd" image during
installation? I'm trying network install of SLES8 with my own kernel rpm
in it. The filesystem used is ext3 and it is built into the kernel image.

When Yast configures boot loader, it tries to create initrd image and
looks for ext3 and jbd modules - they are not found as they are inbuilt
into kernel. And so the mk_initrd fails. Grub is not configured properly.
System comes up, but doesn't boot next time.

Tried using <initrd_modules config:type="list"/> in the control file,
that didn't work.

Thanks,
Sasi