List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [suse-autoinstall] LILO problems (still)
From:       Marcel Ritter <Marcel.Ritter () rrze ! uni-erlangen ! de>
Date:       2002-08-27 10:20:54

> On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 06:32, Marcel Ritter wrote:
> > On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Anas Nashif wrote:
>

> > Hope you can help.
>

> Please try this patch which should be applied to
> 	usr/lib/YaST2/modules/Boot.ycp
>

> Let me know if it works for you!

Yes it does! Thanx!

> Regards,
> Anas

But I still got a little problem :-)

I remember a posting - quite some time ago - about AutoYaST failing to set
the (default) route.

I'm running into the same problem now (and yes, I am using the updated
yast network package).

I'm trying to use AutoYaST in a completely DHCP free environment. Works
fine so far - the only problem is, that the route settings are being
ignored. It'd be no great deal to build the /etc/sysconfig/network/routes
file in a script, but I guess this is a standard feature and it'd be nice
if it worked without extra hacking ...

Config seems to be passed quite fine:

"routing":[$["destination":"default", "device":"-",
"gateway":"192.168.0.1", "netmask":"-"]]]

Any ideas?

Ciao,
  Marcel

----
Marcel Ritter
Linux Betreuer
Regionales Rechenzentrum Erlangen
----
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.