List:       suse-amd64
Subject:    [suse-amd64] KDE Icon themes not appearing in Kcontrol
From:       Joel Wiramu Pauling <aenertia () aenertia ! net>
Date:       2006-07-31 6:39:31

Hi there,

I am using amd64 version of opensuse 10.1, and the kde 3.5.3 repositories.

I can not no matter what I do get icon themes to appear in the kcontrol icon
theme manager settings.

I've tried copying the /usr/share/icons dir from working ubuntu installs, I've
tired installing via the kcontrol with tar.gz 'd themes. When I do it the
latter way everything appears to go ok, unpacks into ~/.kde/share/icons/
fine, but the iconpack just does not show up.

What could be the problem here?

Is there any way of manually regenerating the icon caches or setting the icon
theme path manually.

I have thought about just replacing the currently referenced theme SVG-Crystal
with my pack of choice, but I know that it will screw up inheritance among
other things.

Kind regards

JoelW