List:       suse-amd64
Subject:    Re: [suse-amd64] Suse in a chroot?
From:       Harald Milz <hm () seneca ! muc ! de>
Date:       2006-03-18 9:45:33

Sune Mølgaard <sune@molgaard.org> wrote:

> However, I would like to try things out first without having to make a
> complete switch, so I ask, if anyone has any experience installing and
> running Suse in a chroot environment like debian/ubuntu's dchroot.

In a chroot environment you are not going to run the SUSE kernel proper -
the install will run on the Ubuntu kernel which is probably not what you
want. Go for a virtual environment like VMware. There should be complete
VMware images available for trial purposes, and the VMware player is
available at no cost (although it's not _free_ ;-)

--
H. L. Mencken's Law:
	Those who can -- do.

Martin's Extension: