List:       suse-amd64
Subject:    [suse-amd64]  why 64 bit is niftygimp scheme and an extremely thorough plotting dropper
From:       "Benjamin Hamilton" <benthamilton () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-04-24 19:03:37

I was wondering if anyone who has done some data visualizing could tell me
whether or not I should
stick with python or move to scheme in the 64bit realm if I would like to
work with equations and bitmap graphics and 3d (opengl or something better
I'm open to suggestions).  I will need access to sse2 for speed of floating
point and integer I guess I'm ok but what I'm looking for is both a good api
like an algebra and a calculus system (that visualizes in teXmacs) and also
comes with a library of equations on the order of a few million or most if
not all available.  I just want to be able to browse inline without having
to download everything piece meal.  I guess this is an application if not a
series of screnes which right now I only have one of.  Right now I'm at
teXmacs for fun but to my knowledge it doesn't allow inlining html or urls
anyone wanna help?  Also if you know of simplified scheme that is as easy
and fun as python let me know yes fun is what I'm looking for and six flags
is a drag, also do high end modelers use math scripting languages I'm
talking  the million dollar plus ones I have no url links to these so I
might think about 3d models as well the bigger the better.