List:       suse-amd64
Subject:    [suse-amd64] install goes ok, nothing after reboot
From:       James Boorn <jboorn () pivotlink ! com>
Date:       2004-03-24 19:44:28

I am trying to install Suse Linux Professional 9.0 for amd64 on a new
Appro 2128Hs server.  It is a dual Opteron 246 system, Tyan S2881
motherboard.  No dvd, so I do an nfs install (on to scsi disk (seagate
disk, adaptec aic79xx driver, custom partition scheme) which appears to
go smoothly.  Everything I need is detected, doing a 'Default system'
for the package selection.  However, upon the reboot the boot loader
doesn't appear to want to load (tried grub and lilo).  All I get is a
blinking under line cursor.  Any ideas?

Thank You,
James