List:       suse-amd64
Subject:    Re: [suse-amd64] Radeon 9600 SuSE 9.0 64Bit Version
From:       Manfred Knick <Manfred.Knick () T-Online ! de>
Date:       2004-03-24 13:13:57

Am Montag, 22. März 2004 09:48 schrieb Andreas Jaeger:

> Just one update regarding the dualhead issue:
>
> For G400 Dualhead boards you need the HAL library. Matrox G450/G550
> should work fine in Dualhead mode without HAL library. (...)

Thank you again, Andreas!

Does anybody happen to know about Matrox Millenium P750 / 64 MB also?
Any practical experiences yet?

I am highly interested in this adapter for development purposes:
-	Providing even triple monitor support,
-	without kilograms of heat sink & fan  & noise necessary,
-	at a reasonable price ...

Kind reagards to all of you

Manfred Knick

P.S.:  My experiences so far:

Working with SuSE Linux since 1994, I very much appreciated Matrox' early and
continued engagement in the open-source X11 environment, together with SuSE.

My G400 is running dual-head in my server workstation non-stop 24h / 7d since
6 years now, without any HW problem at all, with continued support making
life easy.

Hope this applies to P750 all the same ...