List:       sunrescue
Subject:    Re: [rescue] VSIMM As (Re:  Looking for a VSIMM for SS20)
From:       Mouse <mouse () Rodents-Montreal ! ORG>
Date:       2022-07-25 20:25:52

> Did anyone ever document what the extra 36 pounds on the VSIMM did, or for t$

Pounds?

I've always assumed the extra chip is the cgfourteen proper, that the
motherboard contains nothing but the video electronics.  (I'm not sure
just what the division of labour is between the VSIMM and the
motherboard, but the MB can't have _too_ much of it or it'd be obvious.
For example, if it used a stock RAMDAC on the MB, there'd have to be
two of them, because it supports two cg14s.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse@rodents-montreal.org