List:       sunrescue
Subject:    Re: [rescue] Anyone build this kit?
From:       Mouse <mouse () Rodents-Montreal ! ORG>
Date:       2021-11-14 4:00:06

> The bad data I've been getting is from a Soekris 4801 serial console.

One thing you might try is inserting an inverter (eg, a 7406 if using
5V logic levels) into the line.  I've had different hardware disagree
over whether mark is ground and space is Vcc or the other way around.
If your converter and your device disagree on that point, you will need
an inverter to get good data.

Missing an inverter (or, equivalently, adding one where none is needed)
produces very ... creative ... data.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse@rodents-montreal.org