List:       sunrescue
Subject:    Re: [rescue] How many disks must a man walk down...
From:       "Eric Railine" <erailine () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-07 3:30:15

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm getting really sick of swapping disks. It's amazing just how many drives are \
> dead! Of course, these were all just used pulls from junk, so they may very well \
> have been mistreated before I got them. But they all came from different places, as \
> far as I can remember.
> Grrr...

Amusingly enough, I just went through six 9gb drives of various makes
tonight myself - at least 4 of which I know were working when last
powered on (within the past year).

Luckily I've got a decent supply of smaller (4.5 - 18GB) drives
stashed away, but at this rate they might not last anywhere near as
long as I'd thought...  If you need a few let me know.

-Eric