List:       sun-managers
Subject:    Replacing a boot disk under volume manager 3.0.2
From:       jill.ridsdale () yeg ! co ! uk
Date:       2001-04-28 15:50:30

Hi

I am trying to replace the 4.5Gb internal disks on my E4500 with 18Gb
disks.
Both disks are under volume manager control and are mirrored.
So far I have booted from the mirror. Removed the rootdisk with
vxdiskadm option 4.
Replaced the disk. Rebooted from the mirror, installed the bootblock and
replaced the disk into volume manager.
There are no apparent errors after the mirror sync has completed.
Although I did get an i/o error reported when initialising the disk
volume manager did say it had initialised sucessfully.  Problem is I
cannot boot up from the new disk. I have tried this procedure with 2
seperate 18Gb disks with exactly the same results.  Can anyone suggest
what I may have missed?

         Regards

       Jill Ridsdale

   Network & Systems Management
   Yorkshire Electricity
   Limewood Approach

   782-5878(Internal)
   0113 2325878 (External)
   jill.ridsdale@yeg.co.uk

<NOTE:The information in this email is intended for the person it is addressed to. If \
you are not the named addressee, you must not copy, distribute or take any action as \
a result of the information in it. Yorkshire Electricity Group plc cannot give any \
warranties or assurances about the safety and content of this email and any \
attachments. Yorkshire Electricity Group plc does not accept any responsibility for \
viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and any attachments.> \