List:       sun-managers
Subject:    adding port
From:       "Kalam, Imran" <Imran.Kalam () auspost ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-02-28 22:06:04

Hi,

I have a Sun SparcStation 10, which is running Solaris 2.6 operating system,
the system has booted up without Monitor and keyboard, I have a task to
upgrade the operating system to Solaris 7, when I ran a command "pmadm -l"
it tells me no services found, obviously ttya and ttyb has been removed, I
want to connect Monitor and keyboard to the system, do I have to add ttya
and ttyb ports using pmadm command or once I connect monitor and keyboard to
the system and reboot it enable the ports itself,
If I do have to add ports, what steps will I need to take and what commands
I need to execute, any help will be appreciated,  thanks heaps

Imran
CAUTION

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are privileged and confidential \
information intended for the use of the addressee. The confidentiality and/or \
privilege in this e-mail is not waived, lost or destroyed if it has been transmitted \
to you in error. If you have received this e-mail in error you must (a) not \
disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it; (b) please notify Australia \
Post immediately by return e-mail to the sender; and (c) please delete the original \
sunmanagers mailing list
sunmanagers@sunmanagers.org