List:       sun-managers
Subject:    Solaris 7.0 on Intel...pls help
From:       "Edmiston, Jerry" <JEdmisto () paymentech ! com>
Date:       2001-01-31 18:03:42

I am trying to load Solaris 7.0 on a Compaq Server with a 7 disk array...I
have used Compaq's SmartStart to set the array to use Solaris as the OS. I
have also setup the array for RAID 5 and RAID 0.+1...everything seems to go
well until the OS is starting to load...at that time I receive a msg 'no
disk found'...has anyone tried this and could tell me what I'm doing
wrong...thanks in advance...Jerry

Jerry Edmiston
Paymentech Inc.
Unix System Admin.