List:       sun-managers
Subject:    CD burner for Ultra 10 machine
From:       "Bryan Carlson" <carlson () cems ! umn ! edu>
Date:       2000-05-31 14:24:19

Can anyone recommend a good CD burner package (hardware and software) that
I can use with a Sun Ultra 10 running Solaris 2.7.

I'd like something that's easy and reliable to use.  We have an old Toast
setup
that we used with a Mac - god, it was awful - so many disks had to be thrown
away
because of bad burns.

BTW, is there such a thing as a DVD burner yet?

Bryan

Bryan Jon Carlson
Systems Administrator
Chem. Eng. & Mat. Sci. Dept.