List:       sun-managers
Subject:    forcing full duplex on only 1 of 5 hme interfaces using ndd
From:       regnis () worldnet ! att ! net (Adam Singer)
Date:       1999-03-31 5:55:59

Dear Sun Managers

I need to force full duplex on one hme interface (qfe2) while I leave
the other 4 interfaces (1 quad ethernet and the internal 100baseT)
alone.  This is a firewall and there is only one interface that I need
to change but from what I can understand of all the posts, faq's and
other info on 100baseT and the ndd command, it affects the entire
interface.  So I am asking if it is possible to configure just one
individual NIC/interface and leave the others alone and if so, what is
the command sequence.  I tried a few variations of ndd -set /dev/qfe
qfe2:qfe_adv_100fdx_cap=1 but they gave back errors....

Any ideas?  Email me directly and I will post the solution/summary.

thanks
Adam

email: regnis@worldnet.att.net