List:       sun-managers
Subject:    Change NIS Server under Solaris 2.6
From:       Robert Benites <benites () cs ! unca ! edu>
Date:       1998-05-29 16:23:05

I installed Solaris 2.6 using another machine as the NIS (*not* NIS+)
server.

I'd like to make this new machine the departmental NIS server.

I'm looked through the FAQ's and archives but can't find a laundry
list of tasks.

It seems I must run ypinit, but then the looking throught the boot
scripts it seems that I'd need ypserv, which was *not* loaded during
system installation.

The NSKit is mentioned but I'm not sure where to get it.

Thanks!

-- Bob