List:       sun-managers
Subject:    Help:auto_mounting home directories. (fwd)
From:       aravind <aravind () alpha ! lehman ! cuny ! edu>
Date:       1998-05-29 1:51:33

Hi managers,
I have a problem automounting home directories.
Sun Solaris 2.5.1 with nis+.
I had seen  summaries about
	"No directory! Logging in with home=/"
and the solutions..but somewhere I
seem to be making a mistake and I need a little help.
I have set up my nis+ server using scripts.--call it SERVER.
I have set up my nis+ client(also replication server) using scripts--call
it CLIENT.
-------------------------
The auto_master  file is:

# Master map for automounter
#
 +auto_master
 /net -hosts -nosuid
/home auto_home
/xfn -xfn
/- auto_direct
----------------------
The auto_home file is:

# Home directory map for automounter
#
 +auto_home
 *    SERVER:/export/home/&

I do have automountd running on my SERVER, as suggested in one of the
summaries.

  root 164 1 0 20:07:10 ?  0:00 /usr/lib/autofs/automountd
  root 706 579 0 21:04:33 pts/2 0:00 grep automountd #
I even changed the format of the auto_home map to:
			/home  /etc/auto_home

instead of just
			/home  auto_home
as suggested in another summary with similar problem
Problem:
Now when I log in on the CLIENT with a username it still gives me:

No directory! Logging in with home=/

What is the silly mistake I am doing??
I am able to automount my other facilities including my web,man pages
etc...etc from the server...but not the home_directories.
There must be something here that I am maybe missing to check.
Any and all suggestions however small are always appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Truly,
Aravind.