List:       sun-managers
Subject:    IMAP problem (fwd)
From:       Venu M Middela <vmiddela () cs ! gmu ! edu>
Date:       1998-02-27 23:25:33

Hello Gurus ,
	Recently I've installed UW IMAP software on my
sun box which runs solaris 2.5.1 which is a mail server, a web server
and a NFS server. After I did all the installation part and edited the
files
to run the imap daemon, I invoked netscape 4.04 version and edited my
preferneces so that it uses the IMAP to read mail from netscape,
I encountered a serious problem.
The problem goes something like this.
I could download my mail on to my netscape browser. after that when i
tried to open my mail thorugh pine , while I was reading the messsages
in my Inbox , suddenly the Inbox messages started getting deleted. The
message I got was " Inbox shrank from XXXXX bytes to 0 bytes , aborted"
and my Inbox was empty.
Is there something I'm doing wrong here or is it in my configuration of
the IMAP...please guide me to solve this problem.
the users have been waiting long to use the IMAP to read their mail
through netscape .Your timely help would be greatly appreciated.

Will summarise.

Thanks in advance,

Venu M Middela
vmiddela@cs.gmu.edu