List:       sun-managers
Subject:    PCNFS problems with printing
From:       Russ Shearer <rshearer () iserv ! net>
Date:       1998-02-27 0:23:10

Hi all,

Well printing to my Sun Sparc10 running Solaris 2.4 from PC's just broke.

I use Hummingbird Maestro to print to the Sun, the Sun uses Jetadmin from
HP to
print to the printers.

The nfs portion of Hummingbird still works fine.

The printing works fine from UNIX.

The only error's I get is in /var/adm/messages, they are as follows:

Feb 26 10:24:25 sparc1 pcnfsd[543]: rpc.pcnfsd: rejecting request from user
 (uid 0)
Feb 26 10:24:25 sparc1 pcnfsd[543]: rpc.pcnfsd: unable to popen() lpstat
queue query

As far as I know nothing has changed on the Sun or the PC's.

I have pkgrm'd PCNFS and re-installed, removed the printer's and re-setup
and no luck.

If anyone could offer some suggestions please do, I'm stumped!

Thanks,

Russ Shearer
Levant, Inc.