List:       sun-managers
Subject:    NeWSprint and Solaris 2.6
From:       knight () atmos ! albany ! edu (David J !  Knight)
Date:       1997-12-31 16:11:27

Hi all,
     We are getting ready to upgrade our machines from 2.5 or 2.5.1
to 2.6. But, I understand that NeWSprint software is not
supported under Solaris 2.6 - arg!
     We have a NeWSprint20 and NeWSprintCL+ that we would like
to keep using, but prefer that all systems run the same OS.
How can Sun sell us a printer, then less than two years later
drop support for it... not good business practice!
     What are the best workarounds for this?
Thanks
David
David Knight
Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences   Tel: (518)-442-4204
SUNYA   ES-228                                 Fax: (518)-442-4494
Albany, NY  12222                              Email: knight@atmos.albany.edu