List:       sun-managers
Subject:    how to swap T5220's with hardware mirrored drives
From:       Tom Lieuallen <toml () engr ! orst ! edu>
Date:       2012-05-09 14:47:49

I have two T5220's.  The first is 4x core and has all 8x drive bays
filled.  The first two drives are hardware mirrored using raidctl.  The
other 6x drives are in a zfs pool.

The second T5220 has just two disks hardware mirrored.  This machine has
8x core and more memory.

I'd like to pull the ID prom and drives from the first machine and put
in the 2nd machine.  I'm not concerned with the zfs disks; I know
they'll just plain work.  I'm concerned about the hardware mirrored
drives.  The ID prom will need to move due to some licensed software.

The question is where this hardware mirrored information is stored and
whether I'd mess things up with this move.

thank you for any advice.  I'll summarize

Tom Lieuallen
Oregon State University