List:       sun-managers
Subject:    E3500 / E4500 ethernet load
From:       Jason Buchanan <jsb () digistar ! com>
Date:       2009-11-18 19:51:48

A long time ago I was cautioned by an elder sysadmin that I should not use the
onboard ethernet interface on the clock board as it would slow down the clock
and create system instability.  His recommendation was to add an SBUS ethernet
adapter and use that instead.

I was wondering if there was any reason to do this - it's easy enough for me
to add a 10/100+SCSI SBUS adapter to the board as I have several spares on
hand.

But I was mostly curious if there's any reality to this.........

I'll summarize responses.