List:       sun-managers
Subject:    Lost th gigabit nic
From:       "Deiter, Scott" <scottd () HanoverDirect ! com>
Date:       2008-04-28 18:47:20

 We cloned an E450 to another E450 as a test machine.
Solaris 9.  the ce0 interface is no longer available.
Prtdiag -v does show the device in slot 2

========================= IO Cards =========================

     Bus   Freq
Brd  Type  MHz   Slot  Name                              Model
---  ----  ----  ----  --------------------------------
----------------------
SYS   PCI    33     2   network-pciclass,0200             SUNW,pci-ce

SYS   PCI    33     4   scsi-pciclass,001000              Symbios,53C875

SYS   PCI    33     6   scsi-pciclass,001000              Symbios,53C875

SYS   PCI    33     8   SUNW,m64B                         ATY,GT-B

SYS   PCI    33     9   scsi-pciclass,001000              Symbios,53C875

However when we run ifconfig we get this messages.

xxxx:/#ifconfig ce0 up
ifconfig: setifflags: SIOCGLIFFLAGS: ce0: no such interface
xxxx:/#

I'm not sure about the location of the device drivers for this card.

Scott Deiter
System Administrator
Hanover Direct, Inc.
Hanover, PA