List:       sun-managers
Subject:    SunPCI III on SunBlade 100
From:       Andreas Hoeschler <ahoesch () smartsoft ! de>
Date:       2004-04-30 19:07:00

Dear managers,

> we have just installed a SunPCI III in a SunBlade 100. We installed
> the software and started
>
> 	/opt/SUNspci3/bin/sunpci
>
> We created a new emulated drive DOS of 2048 MByte. After creating the
> drive the sunpci software reboots. The documentation says we should
> see the OpenDOS prompt now, but all we get is a white screen in the
> SUNPCI window and a blinking cursor at the lower left corner of the
> window. Nothing else happens. A windows CD is inserted into the CD
> rowm drive ready to be installed from. How do we proceed from here?
> Anybody else encountered the white screen? We have not atached a
> monitor to the SUNPCI card. Should we attach one? I expected the DOS
> prompt to appear in the SUN PCI window. Is this a wrong assumption?

I was trying this with Solaris 9 and GNOME. In the meanwhile I tried
the same with a CDE session and had much more luck. I can boot DOS now.
It appears to be a problem of the color depths (the white screen).
Obviously DOS was booted but I could not see it.

How can I alter the resolution and the color depth on a SunBlade 100? I
used to know that but I currently don't remember the procedure.

Thanks!

Regards,

   Andreas