List:       sun-managers
Subject:    multiple loghosts
From:       Timothy Arnold <tim () ngfl ! gov ! uk>
Date:       2003-11-28 14:57:56

Hi Sun managers!

I am trying to set-up multiple loghosts as we run a redundant HP
openview solution. Has anyone done this before? Each server will need
to send a copy of the syslog notice to two or more nodes and possibly
store it locally too.

I have edited /etc/hosts and added 'loghost' entry for each HP openview
server.

I have also edited /etc/syslog.conf and added:

*.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit        ifdef(`LOGHOST',
/var/adm/messages, @loghost)

It appears in the first entry for loghost but not for any of the others
and does not write it to local ./var/adm/messages. Any ideas?

I will summarize.

Thanks,
Tim.