List:       sun-managers
Subject:    Password management tools
From:       Stan.Pietkiewicz () statcan ! ca
Date:       2002-11-28 17:34:11

Does anyone know of any commercial (a.k.a. supported) tools available to
maintain a secure repository for system passwords?

Another aspect of this would be: How do you maintain a secure yet accessible
(by those that need access) collection of passwords for a number of machines
that are administered by a number of staff?

Yes, this is a variation of the open source / freeware vs. commercial
software debate, but I have been asked by my management to examine all the
possibilities.

Stan Pietkiewicz
Stan.Pietkiewicz@statcan.ca
Informatics Technology Services Division - Statistics Canada
It may be statistically possible that my opinion is the same
as someone else's - but it is still my opinion!