List:       sudo-users
Subject:    Re: [sudo-users] Ldap Groups
From:       David Blackburn <hxor666 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-05-04 9:59:06

Thanks for all your help, I have gone over your instructions but am
still having problems, I created a posixGroup, netgroups and sudorole
with just a group of users.

Unless the user is in the sudoers schema I dont get any joy, Huibert
your info was very helpfully but at the end, its a little unclear how
sudo finds the actual user to verify on.

i.e. does the nsswtich have to be configured to retreive the user from
the group, or how do I put a link in from the sudoRole statement, to
point to the group that sudo will then pickup on.

All the methods I have tried so far never get a user match unless the
user is in the sudoRole statement.

found:cn=defaults,ou=sudoers,dc=blah,dc=net
ldap search '(|(sudoUser=blackburnd)(sudoUser=%blackburnd)(sudoUser=%blackburnd)(sudoUser=ALL))'
 ldap search 'sudoUser=+*'
user_matches=0
host_matches=0