List:       subversion-users
Subject:    RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Subversion 1.14.3 released
From:       Juan Gabriel Covas <jgcovas () softline ! es>
Date:       2024-01-17 10:27:38

> Hosting providers such as github, are abandoning Subversion support.
> It is really on its last legs:

So it's a lot of old, boring technology too, but still used because it just works and \
it's battle-tested.

I studied and deployed SVN for my team 8 years ago, after using it as an user a lot. \
"Everybody" was already using git back then. SVN serves us well, we branch when \
needed and use trunk/release branches when needed (the merge hell myth is still \
around).

For my team particularly, we don't see the need (effort) to migrate, although \
everybody has the usual github account/usage for other stuff. We keep our Subversion \
server, backups and administration pretty private, with no "external hosting" and the \
like.

My two cents,

Juan