List:       subversion-users
Subject:    RE: Subversion version 1.6.11 (r934486) package
From:       Fei Peng <FPeng () trustwave ! com>
Date:       2017-09-25 14:07:15

Thank you, Nico!

Fei Peng

t: +1 519.620.7232
m: +1 519.497.9917

Trustwave | SMART SECURITY ON DEMAND
www.trustwave.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Nico Kadel-Garcia [mailto:nkadel@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2017 8:46 PM
To: Fei Peng <FPeng@trustwave.com>
Cc: users@subversion.apache.org

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 12:16 PM, Fei Peng <FPeng@trustwave.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can you please tell me where I can get Subversion version 1.6.11
> (r934486) package? I need to setup a 1.6.11 server on centos7, then
> migrate our current svn 1.6.11 on centos5.6 to the 1.6.11 server on
> centos7. Then upgrade the svn 1.6.11 server on centos7 to the current version \
> (1.9.7).

Please don't You'll *really* hurt yourself having to support that.
CentOS 7 has 1.7.x as its default Subversion. If you need Subversion 1.9, it's in the \
"SCLO" repository, such as the copy at \
http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=4062&d=19HI2cIm_KBXzn41RIkxVLPDAOCLqYhHRUGRETh4YA&s=5 \
&u=http%3a%2f%2fmirrors%2ekernel%2eorg%2fcentos%2f7%2e4%2e1708%2fsclo%2fx86%5f64%2fsclo%2fsclo-subversion19%2f

That published version is 1.9.3, but it actually has some upstream support at RedHat. \
I've done personal builds, and used to publish to RPMforge, and it's not worth the \
work.

> I am not sure if I can install svn 1.9.7 on centos7 and migrate my svn
> 1.6.1 directly to the 1.9.7 on centos7.

Yes, you can. Definitely look into setting up an "svnmirror", to establish a new \
Subversion on your CentOS 7.x box slaved to the old one, and look at "svnadmin \
hotcopy" on the old server to get a copy of hte configs with your local tuning. We've \
discussed this before for people planning upgrades, and even discussed it in the lst \
week.

When you're happy with the new mirror, *write lock* the old one, and help your users \
set their repositories to point to the new server. It's usually easier and safer if \
they actually check out new working copies, but not everyone is willing to do that.