List:       subversion-users
Subject:    Re: Bug or unexpected WC state?
From:       Hans Meine <hans_meine () gmx ! net>
Date:       2013-02-13 11:29:01

Am Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2013, 11:45:34 schrieb Hans Meine:
> After some "svn switch"ing, there is a directory missing from my working
> copy now, but svn status says I am clean, and svn revert does not bring it
> back. "svn st" displays nothing, "svn revert --depth=infinity ." does
> nothing, but although e.g. "svn list" shows four subdirectories (as
> expected), only three of them are in my working copy.

OK, the fix was not too difficult, once you know what to try: "svn up
missing_folder" brought it back.

But the main question still holds:
> Which commands should I try to determine why the folder appears to be lost?

Ignoring the (interesting) question how I got into this state, I obviously had
a sticky revision tagged to the missing directory.

The question is now: How can I detect this when looking at a working
directory?

Ideally, I would like to recursively scan my working directory for any
deviations from a clean checkout.  Looks like a job for "svn status", but I do
not see an option for displaying this.  (I did try "svn status -v" before.)

Best regards
  Hans