List:       subversion-users
Subject:    http reverse proxy to different path possible?
From:       Les Mikesell <lesmikesell () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-05-24 21:56:26

I found some examples of using apache's ProxyPass to reverse proxy
subversion requests to a different server, but all of them had the same
local/remote path.  Is is possible to:
ProxyPass  /path/  http://other_server/some/other/path?

No matter what I put in ProxyPassReverse, the /some/other/path seems to
leak back to the client.  It looks like it should work when just using a
browser to traverse the repository or doing an "svn ls URL" , but
Tortoise doesn't like it and attempting to check something out gives:
"svn: Unusable URI: it does not refer to this repository".

I'm trying to make something that has many embedded external references
to a repository at an unreachable remote location work against a copy
that has been svnsync'd to a different place.  Is there a better approach?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com